The initiative of Democratic Compatriation to highlight an issue with broader developmental and social dimensions is a tangible example that political planning can and must escape the narrow electoral horizons and the 4-year political cycle. The view that policies have a short-term target is now obsolete and should give way to strategic objectives that are tailored according to the existing political correlation that the social majority has preferred.
The attitude of international institutions and creditors has shown that when the Greek side fails to design coordinates and long-term, it is more vulnerable to blackmail and admonitions, often by imposing regulations unrelated to the environment in which the pathogens occur. The same happened in the case of the new insurance system, where the government, with the minimum adjustment time, gave creditors the opportunity to push for even more painful solutions.
The issue of intergenerational exploitation of the country’s wealthy sources is an issue that puts forward above all the developmental, social and environmental balance. The effort to establish a mechanism of intergenerational balance and sustainability of social policy is not a futile action, it is also the object of contemporary reflection in all the world’s top academic institutions, and it is largely co-ordinated with climate change policies and international Investment – a topical issue due to the Trump’s decisions. At a time when risks and uncertainties are more than just the stakes of the economy, at a time when new generations are experiencing worse social reproduction conditions than their parents have experienced, we all have to give alternatives to defend the future And the rights of young people, which are the basis for the new production model, the viability of insurance, scientific continuity, local development.
The exploitation of mineral wealth as a means of strengthening insurance systems is not a new idea without applying to other countries. It is pioneering, however, in the sense that it constitutes a quasi-basket of values, which extends in the future and can be used for investment and social purposes.
The provision for the creation of the Special Generation Social Solidarity Account is clearly a progressive move that, unlike the sirens of the days, does not mean the partial privatization of social security as a means of improving the financial flows of pensioners. Indeed, in the White Paper of the European Commission on Social Policy, there are excerpts that provide for a retirement option to give homeownership to banking institutions rather than paying lump sums or monthly installments. Contrary to the above, this proposal focuses on the correlation of human capital and natural resources that each country has: as much as resource efficiency is made, both the share in future social welfare is rising. The example of Norway shows that the benefits are many and multiplier. In addition to creating value, a safety net and adjustment is produced in difficult economic times. At the same time, it is a signal to the markets and the various investment funds that the country is working on the basis of a forward-looking design, and this creates a more attractive environment. Young people take advantage of the technology outlook while remaining in the country and contributing to productivity growth, demography and employment. In my forthcoming constitutional review, it is advisable, in my view, to protect the reserves of the funds.
The legislative provision of Law 4162/2013 on the exploitation of the income from the exploitation of hydrocarbons for the insurance system is of course positive as a first step of rehabilitation. GSEVEE certainly believes that it should be extended to various forms of investment / exploitation of public property. There is room for completion with individual interventions and additions relating to:
1) The utilization of percentages from corresponding concession contracts related to the creation of energy networks (eg natural gas and oil pipelines)
2) The inclusion of a percentage on the total real estate of the country in order to create an initial management capital with an investment orientation. In particular, to include in the new Fund agricultural land, which is not recorded as private property and is allocated to producers, cooperatives and other forms of organization for consideration to be added to the insurance system. Respectively, to allocate part of the tax revenue derived from agricultural holdings not included in a farm register.
3) The use of metal deposits (gold, silver, marble and other metals, such as metals such as zeolite) through concession contracts for the creation of pension tools that favor the local development of the mining area.
4) The use of natural preventive, healing and rehabilitation opportunities resulting from the existence of a wealth of natural healing resources and high-quality medical tourism services (apart from the retirement, can cover the health and health infrastructure side of citizens through Partnerships of national bodies with international insurance institutions for health services combined with tourist packages).
5) The use of natural beauty areas, which, in addition to their mild tourism, can be used exceptionally for scientific experiments, technological and medical conferences. The fees will be directed to a fund for research into the environment and the insurance system.
6) Effective use of all forms of renewable energy sources such as geothermal energy, wind farms, photovoltaics.
7) In the Fund set up (special account) there could be a provision for tax-free profits of small and medium-sized enterprises to invest in green technology with a low-interest loan or pooling with other companies to improve the quality of jobs.
At the same time, the proposal of GSEVEE for the management of the debt of professionals, traders and craftsmen remains in force in order to create conditions of intergenerational equilibrium (freezing and capitalization of debts created by the previous system, with acquisition at the end of the life insurance) . We believe that these proposals, if implemented, will act as communicating containers for its reorganization.